Tuna steak with gnocchi in butter squash sauce
Because people asked for it on the Instagram :)
Ingredients for two people:
2 fresh medium tuna steaks
1 pack of gnocchi (if you make it yourself it will be better)
Butter squash sauce:
Half of butter nut squash
1 spoon of mayo
1 spoon of sour cream
2dlc of cooking cream
4 cloves of garlic
Half of spoon of mustard
Half of spoon of ground sweet paprika
Salt and pepper
1 spoon of Olive Oil
Cup of fresh herbs (basil, mint, thyme, rosemary)
Pre-step: Marinate that tune the night before. Marinade: in a cup or a bowl put salt, pepper, olive oil, mustard, sweet ground paprika, soy sauce and fresh herbs (they have to be cut finely), mix it all together and spread over the tuna steaks. Leave the steaks in the fridge overnight.
1. Cut the butter nut squash in to cubes, put it cooking pot, pour cold water in the pot, add a pinch of salt and cook until tender (about 20 minutes – half an hour)
2. When the butter squash is cooked, drain the water and putt it in a mixer. To the squash add mayo, sour cream, cooking cream, garlic and mix until creamy. If it too thick add more cooking cream. Try for taste, add salt and pepper if needed
3. Cook the gnocchi according to the instructions. They are done when they start to rise to the surface of the pot.
4. After the gnocchi are cooked, take the high skillet or a fringing pan, pour the sauce in and bring it to the boil on a low heat. When the sauce comes to boil add cooked gnocchi in, stir around so the every gnocchi is covered with the sauce.
5. In the other fringing pan (the fringing pan has to be hot hot hot) put the tuna steaks and fry them on each side for about five minutes (so they are pink in the middle). The real amount of time you are going to fry the steaks depends on the stake itself. (Ours were middle size and it took about 5 minutes on each size to get to be perfect.)
6. Serve and enjoy.